Monday, November 7, 2011

As you may have read on the page dedicated to my interests, I am a sucker for animals. I was raised around cattle, horses, cats, chickens, as well as donkeys. But out of all these lovely creatures, no beast has captured my heart quite as well as dogs. One in particular, Zoe, is the most precious and intelligent canine I have ever had the pleasure of owning. Let me tell you her story.


 
One day, after school, my dad came home and told me to go down to the truck and close my eyes. I did so, and when he told me to open them, I saw a frightened, yellow mutt in the bed of his truck. We got her out and walked her around for a while.


 That night, we brought her in the house where she slept next to my bed for her first night :). Dad told me how she had been hanging around the trucking business where he works, and that she seemed friendly and in need of a home. She was young and full of energy, so we assumed someone couldn't handle her vivacious spunk. We could see where someone had had a collar on her, and removed it. 


 Sadly, she was most likely driven somewhere and dropped off. She is half boxer and half pit bull, and has never bitten nor harmed anyone. She loves children and lies down to let them play with her. She detests violence, and even play fighting is prohibited in her presence. She loves riding in the car with me or daddy, and she knows we are leaving once we pick up our keys. She is the greatest friend I could ask for, and will forever be an unforgettable member of the family. 

 

2 comments: